• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Flash wrote:
    Great news!
    What will be the impact of new implementation on a macmini or a pegasos 2 with an ati 9350?

I assume you mean a Radeon 9250, in which case that more or less equals what is in a Mac Mini, both using the RV280 chip, which belongs in the R200 family of Radeon chips.

Most of the changes in this first update will mostly affect new applications and games being ported to or created for MorphOS. The vastly improved SDK means it'll be easier for software developers to port software over to MorphOS, and the OpenGL API improvements and driver bug fixes means that that software is more likely to run and work correctly in the first place.

For existing MorphOS software, Doom 3 is what stands to benefit the most from these changes, I believe. However Doom 3 (and SDL) will need updates to take advantage of these changes.

The newly implemented ARB programs will only be supported on R300 and R400 in the first update. R500 and R200 support - up to what the hardware can handle - will come in a later update.

For R200 specifically, support for cube maps has been implemented, which allows software that uses cube maps to work correctly. This probably won't directly affect much existing software, but again it makes more new software possible.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »29.07.22 - 15:30
    Profile Visit Website