• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Amigaz
    Quote:

DoctorQ wrote:
    @AMIGAZ

No, the bridge wasn't installed when I finally got MorphOS booting, only a scandoubler and a CV64 card. MorphOS ran without problems; fast and stable. After plugging in the bridge MorphOS couldn't be loaded at all.

Made some changes so I could either see or hear if MorphOS was loaded, by having it display (obviously) the Ambient screen, as well as starting a MP3 audio file. Everything went fine without the bridge, but nothing happend with the bridge installed. It got to the second boot up, but hangs somewhere before it finishes loading.

Anyway, I have now tested with a CV64/3D instead of the CV64, and now everything works, even with the bridge installed. Have also in the past been able to run MorphOS with a CVPPC with the Mediator bridge installed.

Now I just need to find either a working driver for a X-Surf card, or a new ethernet card that is supported by MorphOS PUP. Maybe if I'm lucky enough I can use a 10 MBit PCI card through OpenPCI under MorphOS. Which network cards did you try with Amigaz??

Thanks for the inputs.

Ahh...it works now! :-)

So the CV64 had a conflict with the Mediator then...

Have only used the X-surf with MOS with the patched Ariadne II driver...I can mail it to you if you want
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    MorphOS PowerUP powered Amiga 4000
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Pegasos II G4 1ghz
    Radeon 8500 128mb
    Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital
    Realtek 2139B 100mbit
  • »01.07.07 - 15:08