• Just looking around
    DoctorQ
    So, now I at least have your attention :-)

For long I have been wanting to run MorphOS on my main machine, as room is somewhat limited, so most of my Amigas unfortunately needs to be in storage :-(

However my main machine is a tower, with A4000 motherboard, CSPPC, Mediator PCI, Voodoo, FastEthernet, etc, so not the ideal setup for MOS.

Anyway, latest MOS supports CV64, so a CV64 was bought, and I have gotten MOS up and running very nicely. Brilliant, problem fixed, I could finally use my main machine with both MOS and OS3.9, without having to use the switch box (since the CV64 has a build-in monitorswitch).

MOS was installed while I was doing a bit of rebuilding, so the Mediator bridge card was taken out at the time when MOS was installed. Guess what.... when the Mediator bridge is inserted, MOS boots, but won't display on the screen. Pull the bridge out, and MOS displays nicely once again. I have removed all entries to anything PCI and Voodoo related, so PCI cards installed shouldn't be a problem for MorphOS, tried with various jumper settings on the bridge card (only three possible ways to alter the config).

This is a total bummer, as it seems to be related to the Zorro bus + Mediator bridge itself, since MOS displays nicely with a CVPPC (which obviously is independent of the zorro bus).

Bottom line, my brilliant masterplan (at least I thought at the time that it was a brilliant plan) turns out to be the opposite, so I'm back to square one.

Anyone has a tip of what to do, other than writing ELBOX about it? I'm guessing the response will be that the problem is in MOS PUP and not in their product.

Maybe some of the programmers of MOS have an idea of what to do or what can cause this kind of behaviour (but no, I won't bin the Mediator :-))?

Well, at least I now know that I need to work harder on getting MOS PUP installed on my A1200T :-)

Thanks in advance.
  • »29.06.07 - 21:48