• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Quote:

On my A1200 MorphOS often freezes. Sometimes after few minutes, sometimes after 1-2 hours.

I confirm it. Sometimes it can last for 9 straight hours! It seams to occur in a totally random fashion.

Quote:

My version is REV 1D4.

Mine is 1D4 or 1D1. Can't remember right know.

Quote:

The problem is that I checked voltage, temperature, memory speed and nothing helps...

I doubt that the problem is related with the voltage or temperature. I think that setting the memory access to 70ns might help a little, but it may be just me.
    I can play HereticII on my OS3.9 side for hours. How about you? Can you run a PPC native app/game for hours on AOS, without a crash?
    I know that even in this case the PPC cpu is not used 100%, though. So, i don't know...

Quote:

What interesting sometimes MorphOS works very stable for long hours, sometimes it freezes after few minutes after system start.

I'm experiencing EXACTLY what you say.

Quote:

Sometimes I have problems with booting MorphOS. I see only a black screen. Than I must turn down my Amiga and try to start system again. And when I don't have a lucky day ;) I must turn down and turn up my computer even 10 times to see the MorphOS...

Well, i confirm this one too. I think it has to do with the second IDE channel. (slave) Most of the time, it happens when i have a CD/DVD drive connected.

What FS are you using? What i wrote above concerns the time i was using PFS2 for my MOS partition. Now, i'm testing SFS (MOS) for a couple of days and it's too early for me to say if things got better or not. Perhaps the freezes are related with Trance which tries to emulate the 68k PFS. just a theory...

magnetic wrote:
    Quote:

Sounds to me like a heat related problem.

Nah... At least not on my case.

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2006/9/21 10:27 ]
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »21.09.06 - 09:00