PowerUp regstration server available again
  • Just looking around
    roomeo145c
    Thumbs up for the Mos-team for the service they provide. (NOT meant as ironic). :)

But i dont see why PowerUp users are excluded by not being able to register. I have registered an install i did for
    many years ago, but now ive lost that install and i need a "new" one.

Im concidering buying a macmini/etc and getting the latest Mos, like everyone suggests... But i want to run it on a classic Amiga.. Thats why im bothering with this stuff..

I would very much like to PAY for a key for 1.45pup if that is what it takes.. :)

Sad, but if Os4 is the only alternative.. ok. :)
  • »14.11.09 - 17:59
    Golem
    That key should still be valid (unless you changed your cs/bppc), so just restore it from your backups.
  • »14.11.09 - 18:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    roomeo145c
    yeah.. i know.. thats my problem, ive lost it. and since i cant register anymore..

what to do?!

!!Dont say buy a macmini!! :) (i will, but that has nothing to do with this case)
  • »14.11.09 - 18:24
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @roomeo145c

Well... we should still be able to generate the key from our database. You'd just have to give us the email you registered with. Try asking Fab on #morphos/freenode
  • »14.11.09 - 18:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    roomeo145c
    according to Fab, the database is available, but not accessable right now..

so ill keep my shorts on, and have some patience.. ;)
  • »14.11.09 - 23:23
  • Just looking around
    zerec
    Hi, I would love to register two copies of MOS 1.4.5 PowerUP Ed.

I also think that may users can benifit from this cool OS.
    I got many machines

2x A4000 with CyberstormPPC 2.33MHz (need 2 keys !!!)
    1x Pegasos2 1GHz (registered MOS 2.4)
    1x Efika 52xx (Registered MOS 2.4)
    1x MacMini 1,5GHz (going to register !!!)
    1x AmigaOne XE G4

Even if I have Pegasos2 and MacMini 1,5GHz (most recent MOS Machines by now)

Using the Classics is still great and I don?t want to drop them.
    Don?t forget where MOS came from...As a tribute to it:

Please make new free (no time limited) ISO of PowerUP Ed.
    Everyone that donates at least amount X gets a copy.

I think it could be little extra money for the MOS team.

greetings
    zErec

[ Edited by zerec on 2009/11/24 12:41 ]
  • »24.11.09 - 13:39
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Sir_Lucas
    I totally agree. Been using different MorphOS machines, currently Mac Mini, but still my A4000 is my favourite. Let's not deny people who still use classics the pleasure of using MorphOS. ;-)
  • »26.11.09 - 05:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have two A4000's capable of running MorphOS, but I was unsuccessful at getting it running on my first 5 attempts, so I gave up for a while and after buying my Efika and registering MorphOS2.1 for that and now having a registered MorphOS2.4 on the MacMini there is less need to have MorphOS running on my A4000's, but I would still like to do so at some time in the future.

I hope that the team will put the registration server back up for PowerUP users at some time in the future. I am sure I will be using my A4000's for many more years to come (maybe they will outlast my MacMini, who knows).

Showing MorphOS running on my A4000's is also a great way to generate more interest from those old crusty Amiga users that are not likely to go out and buy a Pegasos1, or 2, an Efika, or a G4 MacMini to try MorphOS for themselves. But if they can still register the PowerUP version and play around with it for a few weeks, they might be more inclined to then take the next step forward and buy a faster computer that can run MorphOS2.4 and up.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »26.11.09 - 06:20
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Renewing support for Amigas requires extra work / time we do not have. I even once wanted to put some work into a 2.x distribution for PowerUP, but I have very limited access to my Amiga (like 2-4 days a month). Also, when all my projects are currently lagging behind, any work on slow and old hardware like that is very very far on the list. I'd prefer if the whole Team focused on the future (2.5, 3.0) instead of spending precious time on the past.
  • »26.11.09 - 07:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    A universal key can be our Christmas gift!!!!!

Ok leaving the jokes behind.,, Well lets let the team to discuss what they want and can do for PowerUP. I am still using it a lot and just for the record I am reporting that OWB 1.5 runs down there. Do not expect the speed of a Mini or Pegasos but it still runs!

[ Edited by CountRaven on 2009/11/26 12:15 ]
  • »26.11.09 - 13:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    There is no such thing as a universal key. We would have to build MorphOS with the protection disabled and this + testing / repacking is already too much work.
  • »26.11.09 - 13:38
    Profile Visit Website