• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    I do not want to be the negative person in here and I am clearing up the the guys in MorphOS team are always friendly, always willing to answer our questions and to hear our "wants". but:

The "more than 10 years old hardware" statement means nothing to me. The whole concept behind MorphOS and Amiga in general is based in old hardware after all. Focusing on MorphOS: Yes it is true: The hardware capable to run MorphOS nowadays is OLD and OUT OF DATE. We are happy to have it running on 1 Ghz machines the maximum but hey we are on 2009 you know.... Efika may not be that old but it is still out of date at its specs compared with the hardware standards of today.

But we are happy with our systems and with MorphOS as it brings the maximum to our machines so we love and support it. I know that having the latest hardware is NOT the point behind the whole concept of MorphOS -after all it DOES NOT run in latest Hardware anyway- so I still point Amiga Classic as capable hardware to be used for even some basic stuff having lot of fun with it -and yes it becomes more fun when classic Amiga runs MorphOS-.

For Gods name nothing in personal and absolutely NO hard feelings forTokai who have written the "more than 10 years old hardware" phrase. This is just my point of view.

It makes sense to me that the team is unable to provide support due to luck of time. It also makes sense for me that any kind of support is difficult at no cost. But:

NO official support is needed. As already stated by Zylsea the big deal for the registration is the stopping of this time limitation. It would be GREAT if the team could focus on that. WE ask NOTHING more.

I am also here to offer FREE space for a registration server if this is what is needed. HammereD already made his offer. I am here as well.

Zylesea's idea about a new Kernel for 1.4.5 with a little change on the time limit string is also cool.

Of course no support or warranty provided for PowerUP.

And after all I am willing to pay some money to have a full running 1.4.5 on my classic. I understand that all this effort needs some money.

Everything for MorphOS!

ps. Also have in mind that everything about MorphOS started on classic Amigas. Let's just keep a connection with our history :)
  • »05.10.09 - 02:53
    Profile Visit Website