• Just looking around
    DoctorQ
    Quote:

You really shouldn't do that. It doesn't hurt to keep the library in place.

Sorry, not meaning to be offensive, but why should I keep the 68060.library when I'm using a 040 based accelerator? On AOS, keeping the 060 library means GURUs.

Quote:

Undo them... but then I don't know anything about the "fixes" you are talking about.

That's not going to happen. Without the timing fixes the computer would lock up at random times, even when playing around in the BPPC menu for only a few seconds.

If the timing fixes are the reason for MorphOS not working, then rather live without MorphOS.

Quote:

Quote:

Several threads here states that the colon (:) have to be added so the line instead says

set bootdevice "bootdevice=DH1:"

Which one is correct? Or can either be used?

AFAIR this is covered in the startup-sequence itself.

Again, not to be offensive, but have you read everything I wrote? Taking bits out the context doesn't give a meaning to anything.

As I wrote in my first post, the MOS startup-sequence says something about the bootdevice parameter, members of this board says something different, so all I want to known is if I have to set the colon or not.

Quote:

Quote:

Does this mean, that if I set this parameter correctly, MorphOS will know after the first reboot that the system must boot from the MorphOS partition instead of the boot partion with highest priority?

Yes.

Good. Now I just need to know if the colon must be set in the bootdevice parameter or not.
  • »18.04.06 - 11:29