• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Framiga
    @DoctorQ

"I downloaded the latest version of MorphOS for PUP boards. Made a 100 MB bootable partition which volume name is MorphOS and so is the device name. The partition has SFS installed (manually changed the version number to 1.209 or something after seeing some posts here).

forget that post (for now)... you need SFS in RDB with a version number above 1.210 otherwise you will not able to boot.(so retype the actual one). Anyway better to start with SFS68k for now, then you can try what you wish.(pfs3 here that is as fast as SFS 1.210 native)

"Formatted the partition, copied all files from the ISO to the MorphOS partition, deleted 68060.librar from libs, powered down and powered on after 1 minute. At this point the MorphOS partition has the highest boot priority."

reinstall the 68k libs (all 3)

"Several threads here states that the colon (:) have to be added so the line instead says

set bootdevice "bootdevice=DH1:"

Which one is correct? Or can either be used?"

here i MUST use the "colon" otherwise i can't cold boot. (other user don't)

"In other words, if MorphOS is on a partition with lowest boot priority, will I only need to enter the boot menu once?"

yes.

Note- If you have BlizKick installed on the AmigaOS3.9 partition (single reset), you shouldn't have problems keeping MOS as the highest priority. Otherwise (no BK-single reset) to boot in AmigaOS will be more difficult (you have to enter in the boot menu twice)

Here i have AmigaOS3.9bb2 as higher pri and to boot in MOS, i have to enter in the EarlyBoot only once.
  • »18.04.06 - 11:24