• Just looking around
    DoctorQ
    Hi,

this is my first post here, and unfortunately it's not one of the good ones :-(

I downloaded the latest version of MorphOS for PUP boards. Made a 100 MB bootable partition which volume name is MorphOS and so is the device name. The partition has SFS installed (manually changed the version number to 1.209 or something after seeing some posts here). Formatted the partition, copied all files from the ISO to the MorphOS partition, deleted 68060.librar from libs, powered down and powered on after 1 minute. At this point the MorphOS partition has the highest boot priority.

The computer starts booting, and does a reset. From there it just hangs :-( As previous users has experienced, the monitors turns off, and does nothing from there. How to get on from here? Tried both resetlevel 0, 1 and 5 with the same result.

The BPPC and BVision works 100% in OS3.9 after doing some timing fixes. Before I did the timing fixes MorphOS booted to Ambient screen a couple of times, and did run rather stable. OS3.9 didn't, so the timing fixes were made.

---------------------

Some small additional questions

The change log states "problems with more than 128 MB of memory were fixed". Does this mean that Blizzard boards with 256 MB ram installed don't have to remove one module in order to run MorphOS? If so, is all 256 MB useable from the MorphOS side, or is 128 MB ignored? (Have 2 x 128 MB modules I'd rather use)

---------------------

In the startup-sequence for MorphOS there is some explanations of the parameters. One of them is the set bootdevice. The example states that a correct line would be

set bootdevice "bootdevice=DH1"

Several threads here states that the colon (:) have to be added so the line instead says

set bootdevice "bootdevice=DH1:"

Which one is correct? Or can either be used?

The explanation also tells that this parameter can be used if the MorphOS partition hasn't got the highest boot priority. Does this mean, that if I set this parameter correctly, MorphOS will know after the first reboot that the system must boot from the MorphOS partition instead of the boot partion with highest priority? In other words, if MorphOS is on a partition with lowest boot priority, will I only need to enter the boot menu once?

---------------------

Sorry for the stupid questions, but can't test it myself, since I can't get MorphOS running :-(

The system I'm trying to run MorphOS on:
    Amiga 1200 in tower, Blizzard PPC 040/160/SCSI, BVision PPC, 80 GB drive (SCSI), 2 x CD-R (SCSI), 2 x 64 MB fast ram
  • »18.04.06 - 09:21