• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    munk
    Quote:

CISC wrote:
    ..a minor heads-up is worth noting here though, be careful when stripping binaries, some old versions of strip (like the old 68k hosted one, or maybe even Blom's?) might not preserve __abox__, additionally the ld in the current SDK doesn't either if you strip during linking, so don't do that. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. Yes, the MorphOS binutils patches from Martin Bloms site don't preserve __abox__. Most available binaries are probably based on the patches from his site. I already noticed these problems and fixed them for my builds, thus using -s when linking does work here :-)

I noticed another binutils bug: the morphos ld sorts flavours _before_ arguments are examined. I fixed that but now I have problems with -noixemul and -mbaserel32 (the wrong libc.a is used). Ah I see it - its a clash between multilib and flavours. It seems removing "-fl libb[32]" from LINK_SPEC does fix that. I wonder if MOS GCC shouldn't drop MULTILIB and use the m68k-amigaos way of multilib-ing. However, that works only for libgcc.a. Thus its probably not an option...
  • »04.04.06 - 10:51