• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    munk
    Quote:

Piru wrote:
    The thing is that dos/Exit() is not implemented at all. It is documented to be used by BCPL only (and BCPL is not supported in MorphOS).

That does explain the seen behaviour. Funny that ARP (the AmigaDOS Replacement Project) used a BCPL function ;-)

Quote:

Here's a relevant part of the dos autodoc:
    Quote:

In general, therefore, please DO NOT CALL THIS FUNCTION!

I didn't know that passage but then I never looked it up anyway.

Quote:

However, since it apparently seems to have some other uses, I'll look into implementing this for future MorphOS release. If you really MUST have this for 1.4.5 too, I could hack some small patch that adds it. Stay tuned.

As mentioned earlier arp.library/ArpExit uses it. I don't know if that qualifies as "other uses".

Quote:

Piru wrote:
    Quote:

Quick'n'dirty dos.library Exit() patch for MorphOS.

I am impressed! I didn't expect such a fast response. IMHO your patch looks fine. I have to admit that I thought about similiar code myself. Maybe its better to replace the Exit() call within arp.library with your patch code. That should work as well on all systems. What do you think? Apperently nobody missed Dos/Exit function so far.

And one technical question about your patch: Does clearing cli_Module works as well? Then run won't be needed.
  • »31.03.06 - 15:54