• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Quote:

You are right, Settings are slightly different used in MorphOS, imho this is much more usefull, but thats a matter of taste.
    For Prefs, you don`t use the Preferences Drawer any longer, but a buildin Prefs App. You launch it via the pull down menu, go to settings/system settings. the "Main Preferences Application" will pop up. Here you choose "Screen Mode" A list with your current defined Screenmodes apears. Select Ambient (Either doubleclick on it or just select and click on edit) and you will prompted to "Edit Screen" Here you can choose different resolution and your preferd skin. Those mentioned above are allready there.

Easy.

Quote:

Are there any additional speed boosts, if you select one of those skins?

I've just tried all of the default skins and i can say, in general, that they don't seem to have a noticable influence in ambient's speed, or that their influence is too small for me to notice.
    I'm not completely sure about this, but "heavy" skins like classic and clara, feels slightly slower in opaque window movement.
    Just for the record: clara and classic on the other hand, are the only of the default skins with a good and modern look.

Quote:

One more test, if possible, I made another Mui Package, based on my latest Skin, with gradients disabled, only Blending is enabled. Please download it here you can simply drop the MorphOS drawer on your MOS Partition (the MorphOS Drawer should be left alone, unfortunatelly skins are with the current Mui Release only loaded from there) then load the blizzard.prefs Settings file (you might reboot before the new bitmap drawer appears, if you have allready changed the Mui Settings, because Mui locks this gfx drawer)
    Does it still behave as fast as with the other settings file?

Yes. It feels just about the same, plus that the pre-mentioned problem with the MUI preferences window is gone and the icon/window menus are much better looking, now. ;)

Quote:

thanks for testing.

You are welcome
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »27.08.05 - 19:44