• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Quote:

Pardon my ignorance, but i don't know how to use skins. Teach me how and i will give you feedback about this.

You are right, Settings are slightly different used in MorphOS, imho this is much more usefull, but thats a matter of taste.
    For Prefs, you don`t use the Preferences Drawer any longer, but a buildin Prefs App. You launch it via the pull down menu, go to settings/system settings. the "Main Preferences Application" will pop up. Here you choose "Screen Mode" A list with your current defined Screenmodes apears. Select Ambient (Either doubleclick on it or just select and click on edit) and you will prompted to "Edit Screen" Here you can choose different resolution and your preferd skin. Those mentioned above are allready there.
    Are there any additional speed boosts, if you select one of those skins?

One more test, if possible, I made another Mui Package, based on my latest Skin, with gradients disabled, only Blending is enabled. Please download it here you can simply drop the MorphOS drawer on your MOS Partition (the MorphOS Drawer should be left alone, unfortunatelly skins are with the current Mui Release only loaded from there) then load the blizzard.prefs Settings file (you might reboot before the new bitmap drawer appears, if you have allready changed the Mui Settings, because Mui locks this gfx drawer)
    Does it still behave as fast as with the other settings file?

Quote:

Btw, is there an e-manual for MorphOS/Ambient somewhere?

Hmm not that I am aware of one. But perhaps someone like to write one? ;)
    Otoh feel free to ask if things are unclear

thanks for testing.

PS Senex, If you read this, please don`t add it on A-News yet :D I am still testing and if there are indeed speed differences, also with those other skins, I will make a new Skin package ;)
  • »27.08.05 - 15:08