• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Quote:

Well some people complained about MorphOS + Ambient beeing to slow with default settings, especially with Blizzard/BVision Combo.

That's correct. It's painfuly slow with the default settings.

Quote:

I am not sure, but perhaps it may help to reduce the Gradient/Alphablending Usage a bit. I thought about reworking my last Skin to use less Bitmaps and Gradients and such. But before I do that, I d`like to know whether there is really a speed benefit. So please do the following:
    Load a Skin which uses not that much bitmaps, rainy blue is a good start, Nescio und Nebulosis should work too.

Pardon my ignorance, but i don't know how to use skins. Teach me how and i will give you feedback about this.

Quote:

Then load this
    Mui Setting file, which is actually just a slightly modified Version from default Settings.

After loading your settings the speed difference is HUGE! No more waiting for volume/directory window opening or window/screen menu apearance! Ambient seems to be as fast as WorkBench 3.x, now.
    One minor problem: When i open the MUI settings window after i have load your settings, all the items apears kind of borderless and thus hard to distinct.

Quote:

Please let me know if this makes things a bit faster. If so, then try the "blend frames with background" Option (a value between 50 and 60 is a good start) and let me know if this makes things slower again or not.

I don't notice any change in speed with this option.

Btw, is there an e-manual for MorphOS/Ambient somewhere?
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »27.08.05 - 13:57