• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I would love to buy Rudd's dual 1.8GHz G4 accelerator for my MDD PowerMac, so I could do some speed comparisons of it against my soon to arrive dual core 1.8GHz PA6T X1000 system running some software that has been ported to both MorphOS2.x and AmigaOS4.x.

But due to some unexpected expenses, I don't even have the money to purchase the X1000 until the first day of February next week, so I can't afford to buy any more MorphOS gear.

I know the PA6T is much faster CPU, but since they are both clocked the same, it would have made a more interesting comparison than the X1000 and my dual 1.42GHz G4 MDD PowerMac.

Will who ever buys it please contact me so we can do some comparison testing with the same software. I am more interested in "real world" software comparisons, than I am in raw number crunching comparisons, but the problem there is that there are not that many applications that are the same that run on both operating systems.

It is too bad that most comparisons have to degenerate to flame wars, like the current one going on at A.org. It only hurts both camps and probably hurts MorphOS more than OS4.x, as the perception it promotes, turns off most people reading the flames and against the people starting the attacks.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.01.12 - 04:11