• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    And OK I am a little disappointed. I have been reading that you can get Powerbooks for deadly cheap prices. But this is is a myth I guess. Have seen those machines sold for $700 -on used Mac shops-. Have found prices for out of stock Logic boards to be 345 GBP -two random examples-. Have paid 450 GBP for a HiRes PBook -ebay-, found a cheaper one locally -300 euros- so sold the other one to take back some money. Got the second one, on an attempt to open it to do some upgrades I have found that the keyboard connector was almost broken -it was anyway a matter of time for this connector to break I guess, even if I kept the machine closed....-, so I ended up with a totally broken connector. New logic board is the only solution due to a technician on local Mac Service. So I am trying to find a new affordable one or a new cheap PowerBook. Perhaps I do not know where to look but anyone around here can have an opened eye for me. Yeah I know it would be much more difficult to find someone to fix this mobo and perhaps more costly. So I am after a replacement one or a new machine. Would first go for the replacement mobo but a new machine in a reasonable price would probably be an alternative.

Any kind of help or suggestions especially from those of you who have somehow -any type of- connections to those "low priced" machines -if any- would be great.

I do not know perhaps they cost much cheaper in France, Germany or Belgium.... -for example-...

will go on searching as well....

To find a CSPPC for my 4k back on the day was less pain :)

[ Edited by CountRaven 09.11.2011 - 02:24 ]
  • »09.11.11 - 00:01
    Profile Visit Website