NOT FS: pegasos II G4
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    feanor
    Hi, I decided to sell my original pegasos II -only the motherboard, the case has broken a long time ago.

Here is what is up for sale:

1x Pegasos II G4 motherboard -original CPU fan has been replaced with a much better zalman fan. UPDATE: board revision 2B3, SmartFirmware: 1.3.99 (20061023163101) yes, that's correct it's an updated (beta) firmware, which fixes some problems with USB keyboards, etc. So far I found it works fine.

1x SUPERTALENT X32PB2GC 2GB (2X1GB) DDR1 PC-3200 400MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT (actually only 1GB works on the pegasos, probably because of the mobo revision)

1x DeLock 4-port PCI SATA card -works fine under Linux, disk speeds are better than the internal ATA, 70-80MB/s is typical, depending on disk

1x 40GB IDE Disk (Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST340014A 40GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 3.5"), Debian preinstalled, now works as a file server.

2x ATA133 cables

1x SATA cable (no SATA disk included sorry)

1x Intel PRO 1000MT PCI Desktop Ethernet Adapter (works fine under Linux as well)

1x Radeon 9250 AGP 128MB Graphics card

I accept offers for the whole package, or I could exclude the Intel Ethernet adaptor and/or the DeLock SATA adaptor. I have no idea of what a logical price would be for this, I'll sell it to the best offer or not at all if there is no serious offer. If there is none, I'll probably place it on ebay.

PS. I also have an Efika that I'm considering selling if there is an interest and am also investigating getting 3 more efikas in order to sell them -if there is demand/interest -I have found these gathering dust somewhere and being totally unused for 1-2 years.

PS2. I also have some other stuff for sale here, please let me know if you're interested in any item(s).

PS3. Regarding the multiple posts on the FS thread, here is my apology -originally posted modified as a reply to ASiegel's post:

Quote:

I apologize if it looked rude, it was really unintentional in both cases. I assure the readers of MZ that I did not post further posts to "bump up my sales advert". I have seen multiple times clarifications posted as a new reply -not on the FS thread, I'm talking in general- instead of an edited post, and I assumed that this is normal behaviour. Apparently the FS thread has a special policy and I did not know it.

[ Edited by feanor on 2010/2/1 15:40 ]

[ Edited by feanor on 2010/2/2 15:08 ]

[ Edited by feanor on 2010/2/2 15:23 ]

[ Edited by feanor on 2010/2/2 21:44 ]

[ Edited by feanor on 2010/2/4 2:16 ]
  • »01.02.10 - 13:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Feanor
    Good luck with the sale!
    Why are you selling it? You know its a very exotic piece of hardware and is the only thing you can run Morphos and OS4 on. Plus its uber cool..
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »03.02.10 - 08:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    feanor
    Quote:

magnetic wrote:
    Feanor
    Good luck with the sale!
    Why are you selling it? You know its a very exotic piece of hardware and is the only thing you can run Morphos and OS4 on. Plus its uber cool..

You know it's funny... today I was dismantling the case in order to take the pegasos board out and put it in a box and prepare it for shipping. It may sound dramatic, but I realized I couldn't do it! I can't sell it! I sold tons of hardware in the past -even an Amiga 4000+CS060-, but I just can't sell my pegasos! It's quiet, it's low power and it's the best dev system I've had for a long time -and a cool file server might I add! It may be slow for today's standards but I'm sort of fond of it! So, guys, I'm afraid I'll have to cancel the sale and the pegasos will stay for the rest of its days with me :)

Sorry for the whole trouble with the thread. I'll update the title of the original post and reply to those who took the time to ask for the board.

Thanks again for your patience.
  • »04.02.10 - 00:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

feanor wrote:

I can't sell it! I'm afraid I'll have to cancel the sale and the pegasos will stay for the rest of its days with me :)

Now this is a beutiful story. I bet it's not easy to find elsewhere.
  • »04.02.10 - 09:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Hahah I love it! you should keep it. At the height of the OS4 for Peg craze a few months back I almost sold mine but couldnt do it either. But I do feel bad for the excited buyer of this rare kit! :-D
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »04.02.10 - 21:03
    Profile Visit Website