• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Goodman
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: I think it is short circuited cause there was a light on the connector.
    Which connector? :-?

Power supply.

Quote:

Goodman wrote: At the beginning it works, then it could work without battery, then died.
    So, do you mean it worked with a battery inserted (powered/charged) AND the Power Supply Unit (PSU)?

Last time, yes.

Quote:

Goodman wrote: Long time ago I wanted to try to change the daughterboard but I couldn't find anywhere. Maybe there was in US but they don't send here.
    Which "daughterboard" are you referring to? AFAIK, there is only the main logicboard, and the DC-In board which also has the sound chip on it!

DC-In board.

Quote:

Goodman wrote: I bought in UK, but now I'm in Italy. Expedition is quite expensive abroad in EU and maybe UK, I guess from 20-25 euro.
    So, if the cost of "shipping" (i.e. Expedition?) is 20-25 Euros then what else do you want for the PowerBook?

30 euro for UK. At moment I'm just looking for some offers.

Quote:

Goodman wrote: I have also 2x1GB DDR2 ram but I don't know how to test it without another DDR2 laptop. Eventually I could sell ram separately, but I need to find a way to test it.
    Usually RAM is fairly resilient, but I have had a few sticks of bad RAM over the years I have owned PowerBooks, so nothing is definitely OK, until it has been checked thoroughly! 8-)

If ram is either working or not it'd be important to understand how bad it is. Give me a couple of weeks to find someone that can test it... I will send you photos soon.
  • »08.03.24 - 11:20