• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: I think it is short circuited cause there was a light on the connector.
    Which connector? :-?
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: At the beginning it works, then it could work without battery, then died.
    So, do you mean it worked with a battery inserted (powered/charged) AND the Power Supply Unit (PSU)?
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: Long time ago I wanted to try to change the daughterboard but I couldn't find anywhere. Maybe there was in US but they don't send here.
    Which "daughterboard" are you referring to? AFAIK, there is only the main logicboard, and the DC-In board which also has the sound chip on it!
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: Yes, I have photos. Where I can upload?
    Either an online photo website or you can send me a PM with your email and I will contact you so you can send me some photos.
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: I bought in UK, but now I'm in Italy. Expedition is quite expensive abroad in EU and maybe UK, I guess from 20-25 euro.
    So, if the cost of "shipping" (i.e. Expedition?) is 20-25 Euros then what else do you want for the PowerBook?
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: I had just opened it to remove the hard drive and check the board, but I've never disassembled totally, I didn't check the other side... if you need some cables there you go.
    Well it could be useful for parts, but it seems I won't know exactly what parts are OK until it got here, if I was to buy it. ;-)
    Quote:

Goodman wrote: I have also 2x1GB DDR2 ram but I don't know how to test it without another DDR2 laptop. Eventually I could sell ram separately, but I need to find a way to test it.
    Usually RAM is fairly resilient, but I have had a few sticks of bad RAM over the years I have owned PowerBooks, so nothing is definitely OK, until it has been checked thoroughly! 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »07.03.24 - 11:29