• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    More pictures here:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/sys/5731392006.html

Still available at $75 + shipping here.

How well does MorphOS3.9 support this model of iBook? My sisters & brothers, and myself, purchased this exact model iBook as a birthday present for my mother, when that model was first released (or still being sold new from Apple), and she does not use it much ever since my sister bought her an iPad. Mom is now 88, and only uses her iPad, or iBook for emails, a couple games, or occasional web browsing, and I doubt she will continue to want to keep both devices, so she will probably stop using the iBook, and only use her iPad, in the near future.

I have my 17" PowerBook, which works great, but it might be nice to have a 14" iBook to run MorphOS on when traveling, as it would be lighter and easier to take with me, when mom no longer wants it, instead of having her give it away to someone who won't take advantage of running MorphOS on it, and likely send it to a recycle facility in the near future.

Good luck selling it, but if it does not sell within the next month, maybe you would consider selling it to me at a discount, to be raffled off at this year's AmiWest Show in Sacramento. I don't mind paying the MorphOS display table rental each year (except for the 1 or 2 years when other users donated to help pay for the table fee), and I have donated several systems in the past as raffle prizes that were given away at AmiWest Shows, but money is tighter these days, and I don't have as much to spend on promoting MorphOS, as I would like.

I would be willing to split the cost of donating it as a raffle prize, by giving you $50 for it, if you would pay for the shipping to Northern Calif., but of course, I hope you sell it for the full price you want first, and only offer the donation option as an alternative for you, if you are interested in supporting MorphOS is that way.

Last year (or was it the year before?) I purchased a similar (or same) G4 iBook from Paul Resendez/Acill, at a discounted price, and we both donated it as a raffle prize at the AmiWest Show he attended. To save shipping costs, you could probably ship it to him in Arizona (if that will lower the postage fee any), as he intends to attend this year's AmiWest Show, and he might be able to bring it with him, but the postage savings probably isn't worth the trouble of forcing Paul to bring another carry on item, or have to check an extra bag, on his flight to Sacramento.

[ Edited by amigadave 14.08.2016 - 13:50 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »14.08.16 - 19:47