• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    KuyaMarc
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I think your best bet is to try to get a really cheap Mac Mini G4 from Ebay. You can then use MorphOS demo on it (30 minutes at the time). Then make something people can use and ask for donations for a full license or a better computer.

People in the Amiga community are used to people saying "I want to make some insanely cool, but I need free stuff" and when getting it nothing happens. Some because they really can't program. Others because they can't program for Amiga like systems. And some because they realise too late the systems limitations and simply can't make what they want. And more than once people just quietly leave the scene, without returning the stuff they got for free.

But if you can prove that you mean business, and do release some useful stuff first then you have a case here.

Today, I launched "Phase 1" of my SpeakJet Speech Synthesizer project development for MorphOS. I've just written the post in the Development forums. My blog post on my development matter is at http://kuya-marc.blogspot.com/2015/07/morphos-speakjet-parser-phase-1-port.html

As a reminder, I am in the Philippines where Philippine Customs CHARGES up to 3x on imports, even on donated freebies. For example, a $50 item imported would mean I might have to pay up to $150 EXTRA to get it into my hands.

Porting over my programming projects into MorphOS has just started as my 18 years of GNU/Linux gets closer. My MorphOS installation is running on broken hardware. Though MorphOS works on my broken hardware, once a little bit more corrosion enters the USB ports, my MorphOS development stops.

My Github projects: https://github.com/KuyaMarc

I wish to port over my Github projects into MorphOS. In addition, I wish to port of my embedded systems development projects, such as Atmel AVR/AVR32, TI MSP430, TI Stellaris, Freescale FRDM-KL25Z and Microchip PIC, all of which are currently functioning in GNU/Linux in i686, AMD64, ARMv7, ARMv7 and PowerPC32.

The fact is, I am TIRED of GNU/Linux (and FreeBSD and Oracle Solaris). Becoming a couch potato has been on my mind, lately. Due to insufficient monetary donations, 90% of my development projects have been removed from online, as way too many people had benefitted from me; they got college grades (one graduated!), job promotions, etc.

I am a disabled person, now with arthritis in my hands. Sooner or later, I will no longer be able to type.

"But if you can prove that you mean business, and do release some useful stuff first then you have a case here."

I've already done that... But if way too many people think that way, then it is best to retire from computers and be a couch potatoe from now on.

Thank you for your comments!
    I AM NO LONGER A MORPHOS USER!
    I AM NO LONGER SUPPORTING MORPHOS!
    PLEASE DELETE ALL MY POSTS! PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!
  • »16.07.15 - 16:17