Printer Bounty
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Maybe we should create a new page to the MorphOS Library for user reported compatibility list of all kinds of devices, and maybe we should decide the name and structure together? And then create a new thread here where to report, and then anyone who has account to the library can keep it up to date. MorphOS team can then pick content from it if wanted.

What topic should we give to the page? This is the most important question now, because the topic also becomes its URL and that can't be changed that easily later.

"Hardware Compatibility Reported by Users", "User Reported Hardware Compatibility", or something like that? Please suggest something suitable and proper English :)

Then in which format it should be? Couple examples I have in mind now:

1)

== Printers ==
    * HP blabla (Working)
    * Lexmark blabla (Working)
    * Samsung blabla (Not working)

== USB Audio Devices ==
    * Bla bla (Working)
    * Ble ble (Working partially: output works, input doesn't)
    * Blä blä (Not working)

2)

== Printers ==
    === Working ===
    * HP blabla
    * Lexmark blabla
    === Not Working ===
    * Samsung blabla

== USB Audio Devices ==
    === Working ===
    * Bla bla
    === Partially Working ==
    * Ble ble (output works, input doesn't)
    === Not Working ==
    * Blä blä

Something like these?

Edit: and maybe there should be mentions about if printer works through TurboPrint or PS... and of course all entries should have a mention on which version of MorphOS it was tested on, because they might work on later ones but the original reporter (or hw) isn't around to test again...

[ Edited by jPV 20.06.2018 - 10:16 ]
  • »20.06.18 - 07:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @ jPV

Just "Hardware Compatibility" is fine. Additional information regarding the sources of compatibility reports can be included on the page itself. Going forward, I would not rule out having sections with "official" and "user provided" lists either so it is good to stay flexible regarding the page title and URL.

@ NewSense

You should have received an email containing a temporary password. You might have to check your spam folder.
  • »20.06.18 - 09:01
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote: @ NewSense

You should have received an email containing a temporary password. You might have to check your spam folder.

Yes I have received that authorisation now, many thanks, and have updated my password for the site, but I'll probably liaise with jPV now on this matter as he has an interest in moving this topic forward as well, which is very thoughtful of him to show such an interest in the Hardware Compatibility issues. 8-)

I agree keeping the topic simple, with sub-options for additional material on the subject is the way to go, for the moment at least. :-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »20.06.18 - 19:40