• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Cego wrote:
    when i select the PPD file i cant put it into the profile list. nothing happens when i press on "add"

Do NOT click on 'ADD' - click on the small icon on the same line as 'PPD file' and a standard system requester will open for you to go to choose the correct Volume/Directory/Folder/File where you have your PPD file for you then to click on 'OK' in the requester to input the xxxx.PPD file into the 'PPD file' field which is what you are trying to do, but not following my instructions it seems.
    Quote:

what about the other printer configs?

For now you do not need to enter any other information in the other fields as far as I am aware in the 'Printers' preferences area.
    Quote:

do i have to select a printer there?

No, your printing will run through the USBPAR: device - as long as you select or input that information in any printer 'device' input field, such as in APDF, VPDF and Pagestream's printer setup requester input window, and then the PPD file you chose/saved in the 'Printers' preferences field will be used.
    Quote:

can i also use PPD files from Linux/x86?

Yes, I initially got my PPD file via Adobe, and used the one I got there, and then I obtained the original one supplied by HP with the printer from the PPD file on the installation CD - both worked fine, and as far as I know the PPD file is as Universal as it can be for any OS, as it is basically a text interpreted file, and there is no 'machine' specific code in there to limit it in that way.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »14.09.14 - 23:59