Poll: Who wants a good word processor
Ended on 28.09.2012 - 04:59:30
Total Voters: 0

• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I am often too lazy to type out obvious parts of my statements.

As it's obvious you were referring to already supported PowerBooks, just "(G4) PowerBooks" would have been even less to type than "1.67GHz G4 PowerBook's". So obviously, applying the economical aspect didn't work here for me, which in turn made me think you've had have a reason for typing more than was required and at the same time restricting your statement to those (G4) PowerBooks that are running at "1.67GHz".

> To my knowledge, all Airport Extreme cards are compatible with
    > each other, so a driver for one Airport Extreme will probably
    > support all Airport Extreme cards in all Mac models.

Yes, that's probably true I think and is what my statement is based on. That said, there are three different Broadcom chipsets that have been used for AirPort Extreme, which are the BCM4306, the BCM4318 and the BCM4320. I don't know how compatible with each other they are on a driver level, nor do I know which Apple machines have which chipset, but I know that the MorphOS-supported 1.5 GHz G4 PowerBook model has the same chipset as the 1.67 GHz model of the same generation.

> I am not sure your post helped clarify my post to anyone

I think my post helped clarify your post to everyone who was made to think that you had had a reason for typing more than was required and at the same time restricting your statement to those (G4) PowerBooks that are running at "1.67GHz".
  • »24.09.12 - 08:44