Poll: Who wants a good word processor
Ended on 28.09.2012 - 04:59:30
Total Voters: 0

• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Any online word processor is no alternative. You don't want your grandma's letters be stored somewhere on the net and let Google or Zoho or whomever make money out of it or "just" read them. So we need a good WP application.

While I very much appreciate your effort investing in MOS applications to get a better usage and more programs, please check out Cinnamon Writer and Scriba before you throw money down the drain. Evaluate them yourself and see whether you think they are worth it. Both are lightyears away from being stable and usable, putting the speediness totally aside. And seeing the Scriba's author backlog I doubt his release will ever come to a usable state as none of his older and a lot smaller "programs" ever got that far. I always vote for native applications but in this case and seeing what and who is available I think the money is better spent for someone (semi-)professional porting AbiWord or the like. Pagestream could have been a good choice for most of us but sadly it is stalled and buggy for years, so no new version is in sight either.

BTW: I wonder why all the bounty proposals have the same thread name instead of the poll's name. Should be fixed.
  • »21.09.12 - 17:50