• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @marcik,

I enjoyed using Sputnik before other alternatives came out for MorphOS, so thank you very much for your work. I don't blame you at all for your decision. It seems to be very reasonable that you stopped for the reason you quoted. I am glad that you were paid a portion of the bounty money for the work that you completed. It was a good browser for it's time and it did increase the usefulness of MorphOS, until something better was released.

I wish there were some way to convince you to return to programming other projects for MorphOS. We need to keep all the programmers we can in this tiny community. I know that many programmers become too busy with their regular jobs and family responsibilities though, and that is why we lose some of them (though I don't know your reason(s) for stopping your programming of any MorphOS software projects).

With all of that said, I still think that the remaining money that was raised for the Sputnik bounty, should be given to Fab, as he gave us all what we needed, by completing and continuing to support and improve a great web browser for MorphOS users.

Nice to see you post here Marcik, because if you are still watching what is happening here on MorphZone.org, there is still hope that you might begin programming more MorphOS software projects in the future.

I see that some members on another forum site have started writing about creating a bounty for kas1e to pay him for his work to port Fab's work on OWB over to OS4.x. I don't have anything against kas1e getting paid for his work, but it would be tragic if they raised more money for kas1e to post Fab's work to OS4.x, than the MorphOS users have donated to Fab for his original work on Odyssey, which OWB-MUI for OS4.x is based on. This is another reason I am hoping that the remaining money from the Sputnik bounty can be donated to Fab for his work on Odyssey (OWB-MUI).

Just think what our MorphOS experience would be like without Fab's Odyssey?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »26.02.12 - 17:14