• MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    @Oepabakkes
    Quote:

If I understand it well, trance running in MorphOS isn't useable because it's to much integrated in the OS.

Not entirely. Mostly it's because Trance has been optimized to the maximum possible speed. There are no considerations for memory translation or custom chipset trapping. The emulation inside MorphOS (both static 68k emulation and Trance) were designed to ignore all chipset emulation from the start. But indeed Trance also interfaces to MorphOS in some fancy ways, there simply is no way to make the service available for any external applications for example.
    Quote:

Now would converting Trance in a "module" or whatever it should be called for E-UAE be more difficult as writing a new one ?

Yes. Or at least way too much work for anyone to volunteer. Not to mention Trance is very advanced and highly complex code and there aren't many in the MorphOS Team who even understand it well, let alone dare to touch it.
    Quote:

And I have seen that the x86 E-uae apparently makes use of a 68k/x86 JIT now on AROS, can a 68k/PPC jit (if it would exist ) be integrated in E-UAE for MorhpOS/AROS/OS4/whatever-PPC just be replacing that X86 jit ?

Yes. It'd probably also need some OS dependant additional code, but mostly it should be pretty straight forward I believe. That being said, I haven't really looked into UAE x86 JIT closely.
    Quote:

And is there any interest in doing this from your side ?

None.
  • »28.01.09 - 23:20