• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    @Arkanoid

Quote:

My personal opinion is simply this: MOS up until this point has been free.

I beg to differ:

For those people using Pegasos; Genesi paid money to MorphOS team for development. I know that this is a complicated story which I don't know about, but I'm just saying that we paid Genesi for Pegasos and Genesi paid MOS team (something) towards MOS. Therefore, Pegasos users indirectly paid for MOS development.

This happened again for MOS 2.0; Genesi paid some money to MorphOS team to develop for EFIKA.

I have no idea about these arrangements, how much, or for what features. My point is simply that MOS team have been paid. For both these arrangements we have been 3rd party to the deal so we have no right to ask for support or features, that should have been done through Genesi.

I remember when MOS first came out, (the very first release for PowerUP), it was a beta test - time limited demonstration. I was always under the impression that this is a product that would require purchasing. PowerUP users of MOS are the only people have used MOS "for free" under the more recent releases.

I don't like to tell people what to do, but if MOS team start charging for MOS then we users (who buy it) become 1st party and MOS team should support us directly. In my comment to the "How much should MOS cost poll" I said a little bit more on this subject.
  • »16.08.07 - 13:46