• Just looking around
    mikeri
    Quote:
    -
    i know, lots of mos users are devs/heavy users who dont care about gui and elegancy of an app, and use shell happily, but hey, there are some normal users on the morphos front and we want to do things simply and elegant way - as it can be done ot win or osx.
    -

Damn right MOS-users aren't dependent on GUIs, that *is* part of the reason we use MOS in the first place. We're not "normal" users. Normal users use platforms with modern core features (memory protection, vmem++), free modern web-browsers, office suites, decent cd/dvd-burning software, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love MOS, and it is my primary OS. But I am *not* a normal computer user. I am a nerd/geek/hobbyist/whatever. I don't use my computer just to "get things done". If I was, I'd have used a Mac or a PC.

As for the whole torrent-client-debate, I agree with Jupp3, a decent GUI for mldonkey would be the smartest and easiest way to go. It would also be of great use to us *real* users that has an old Intel-box running Linux and mldonkey as a 24/7 slave. :) For me, MOS crashes and hangs a bit to often to be good as a p2p-slave.
  • »27.07.06 - 14:17
    Profile Visit Website