• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Since long lime I've been searching for a working torrent client for AmigaOS/MorphOS. As fas as I know there is now 3 solutions: ctorrent port, BitTorrent port by Tokai, and mlDonkey (which can download torrent files too). I've tried all of them, and I was very disappointed. CTorrent crashes every time (there are such versions, which even can't download anything at me), BitTorrent can't resume files, it's very-very-very slow and eats a lot of CPU time, and well, mlDonkey.. I think, it's not a torrent 'client' at all (viewing the status of a download with a browser? No, thanks).

I feel it's time to ask the question: Is it my own problem or are we many enough to create a new bounty to solve this problem.

I think we need the following things:
    - Porting some stable and reliable torrent engine (maybe rtorrent's libTorrent would be good)
    - Creating a working, user-friendly MUI GUI for it. No browser frontend, no ncurses ugly-gui-like-thingy, MUI GUI with lots of informations (displaying seeders, peers, adjustable transfer rates for every peer, status of the files in the torrent, and many features).

The goal is to create a client which is at least as powerful as BitsOnWheels on OSX or µtorrent on Windows.

I'm waiting for your opinion on this topic.
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »27.07.06 - 08:50
    Profile Visit Website