Poll: Take a Bounty to coerce CISC into finishing ARexx Support against his will?
Ended on 10.01.2006 - 22:03:24
» Oh, HELL YEAH!
78 %
78.79 % (26)
» Erm, I'll pass.
9 %
9.09 % (3)
» Maybe, if it can be released early.
12 %
12.12 % (4)
Total Voters: 33

• Targhan
    @katos1

While I feel your desire for a more modern scripting language, you will not find one more "complete" than ARexx. Or, should I say more "completely integrated?"

If ARexx wasn't so embedded into everything -- even brand new applications -- I might be tempted to start screaming for RUBY myself. Ruby looks awesome, but everything has an ARexx port. It's easily overlooked at how ARexx is used as an extensive interprocess communications protocol.

When we look foreward, we need to also think about how things currently work and how available (or more appropriately not available) those old AmigaOS3.5/3.9 CD's will be in the future. The bottom line here is that we cannot move foreward until the foundation is set. For MorphOS, ARexx is part of that foundation. Until that scripting language, specifically, is re-implemented--the OS is quite literately chained to the past.

In the future, I would love to see Ruby, Python, REBOL, and even some of the newer implimentations of COBOL ported over.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »05.01.06 - 17:31
    Profile Visit Website