• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    I always thought that source code was going to be provided.

Marcik can leave the bounty. That is also allowed by the rules.

It's certainly a pity, but you can't blame him as he hasn't earned a single cent because he hasn't submited the results.

The contributors allowed him to change the deadline date because he was supposed to release it with sources.

If he had said this when the time was finished other person could have taken the bounty. Now the time has passed and although the amount is quite high it just means yet another year waiting.

I think that he could release the MCC as GPL so no one can use it without making his browser free (for example the IBrowse team).

He could release a basic browser with sources as example about how to use his khtml.mcc and also keep selling Sputnik, his advanced and professional web browser and charge money for it without the need of publishing Sputnik's sources.

The situation is complex, but a solution could be reached. Keeping the MCC closed source won't allow YAM/Simplemail to use it for example, and I'm sure people contributed thinking that it would be a free software MCC.

[ Edited by Crumb on 2006/8/3 11:28 ]
  • »03.08.06 - 11:27
    Profile Visit Website