• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    AMiGR
    I was that person and I wasn't the only one. The standard answer of many MorphOS people about a browser was "you know where the bounty is". The OS4 users didn't donate for a port to their system, they donated for a port to Amiga like system, so that the source would be easy to adapt to their system as well.

Let me quote from the FAQ:
    Quote:

Q: AmigaOS 3.x version please?
    A: It's not planned by me, so in case of mass interest someone else will have to create it. It shouldn't be a hard task (I use multiplatform macros whereever possible).

Q: What about AmigaOS 4.0 version?
    A: No plans for it. I do not have hardware able to run OS4, but similarly as for AmigaOS 3.x the port should not be too difficult.

Notice how the FAQ says that a port would not be difficult? This assumes that he would allow such a port, closed or open source. This is what matters, not what licence it's gonna be under.

And, again, the bounty mentions an mcc. What about that? I would assume that with a commercial browser coming out of this project, this will not be released, or will be shareware. Right?
    Alkis Tsapanidis
  • »03.08.06 - 11:03
    Profile Visit Website