• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Velcro_SP
    I agree with Tronman that if somebody who accepted a bounty a year ago backs out, it sets back all the donors by a year, because they could have been recruiting the next programmer in that time.

I disagree with the person who said he solicited OS4 donors for the project and so they have a stake in the bounty too, because this is a bounty for a MorphOS port. Every bounty at Morphzone is for a MorphOS program. Nobody was supposed to tell OS4 users they'd get hooked up too. Let them start their own KHTML bounty. And that's not a bad idea, some of those fanatics would probably sell their homes or cash in their bible college tuition to pump up their (OS4) bounty.

One thing that marcik could possibly do is fulfill the MZ bounty with a costless MorphOS release, grab the pot, and then he could sell OS4 and classic and AROS versions.

It's difficult to accept a crippled version but possibly a Sputnik version that allows one single browser window and no tabs would be bearable, and then there could be the opportunity to upgrade to complete feature set. It would be horrible if someone crippled the bookmark feature or time-limited it or something.

In all of this brainstorming (which I know laire hates) the one thing I really believe is that marcik made a commitment when he accepted the bounty and he should carry through on it, as best he can.
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »03.08.06 - 00:53