• MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

I dunno, it seems to me like if you agree to the bounty, you should keep your promise.

My point is that nothing is promised when you start a bounty, apart from trying your best to fulfill it. Anything else would be unreasonable given the circumstances of how bounties work and what they usually are trying to achieve...

Quote:

Even if you take the work you started (to earn the bounty), after it is done and build on that to sell, that's OK in my book.

Well, so far Marcik has not indicated that he will or is planning to do otherwise, so I don't really see what the big fuzz is about.

Quote:

But the work you say you do for the bounty-you should do and provide it as the way you earned the bounty.

One does not get paid until a bounty is fulfilled within agreeable terms to the donators, thus you are in effect not being paid for the work you are doing, but the work you have done once everyone agrees you are finished.

Therefore a promise is not made by either party until such an event occurs (but rather a statement of intent if you will (the donators intend to grant access to the money if certain criteria are fulfilled, and the party accepting to work on the bounty intend to work towards the goal required to collect that money)) .. when it does both parties agree on an exchange of money vs whatever was settled as the goal of the bounty. If either party change their mind during the process leading up to this they are entitled to do so and the bounty will be left unresolved and possibly opened for takers again...

- CISC

[ Edited by CISC on 2006/8/1 5:58 ]
  • »01.08.06 - 05:49