• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    yipes!

Ok, I'd never thought I see the day when Morph guys are arguing about open source and GPL and LGPL license schemes! (Well after the ambient fiasco) so funny a closed source OS with a huge debate on sources!

Anway, this issue is very complex:

1. What has to be understoo is this: An individual who creates something - in this case software - has the right to do whatever he/she wants with it.

2. Saying 1. I will say that it would be Ethical for marcik to comlete the exact terms of the bounty if possible.

3.GPL and LGPL'd concepts can be very esoteric and interpretive.

4. I doubt that all of marcik's work will be completely open sourced - hence the Limited GPL.

5. As long as MOS guys get the browser and wrapper, it suits the Morphzone bounty.

6. Worse case, bounties will be refunded - donars will be pissed, marcik will be flamed, but yet everyone will buy the browser ;)

7. $2k is very little money for a programmer to work for months on end, and surely he can make triple that selling it as a commercial product. But dont forget, it must be of commerical Quality.

As you can see, its a very complex matter. Not black and white at all

magnetic

@marcik: a beta release by end of summer for us to try would help this argument out a lot imho.

and it must be nice to be laire
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »28.07.06 - 17:25
    Profile Visit Website