• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @ marcik

I'm not denying you or anyone else the opportunity to make money from their efforts (and I don't think anyone else is either). That's why I have been promoting this bounty on other sites each time something happens with your status reports! ;-)

But I think there is a clear limit on how much money you could make on this "market" (no real market at all) by going closed and commercial. You would also have to factor in piracy as well. Going commercial is a big question mark IMHO (but it's *sure as hell* that you won't be able to *live* on your Amiga programming, so if your argument is that you "want to eat" you should have a real day-time job, and look at this as an extra income (hey $2000 is not peanuts after all, and what if it doubles?)), while the bounty is *safe* money that has *already been paid* and is stored at an account. Trust me, there will be much more money than what's there now, when the project starts looking more tangible to people.

Besides, having it open source would be the best thing from a platform point of view. You would be doing our beloved platform a big favour, and that should be worth something in itself, right? Look what happened with Ambient when it was open sourced. Several people working together, at a much higher pace, and continuation is guaranteed.

Of course you are making the decision, but I think you should make up your mind on this *now* ...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »28.07.06 - 17:14