• Just looking around
    falemagn
    Quote:

I donated to the bounty on the assumption that the source would be released. Can anyone confirm whether this is a condition of the bounty or not?

The bounty description states that the license of the final product is LGPL plus some other parts under BSD, just like the original Gtk+ Webcore license.

Since the bounty is not just about KHTML, but also about a simplistic browser to go along with it, I'd say that the license statament applies to the simplistic browser as well.

I've not donated to be bounty, so someone might complain that I have no say on the matter, however let me express my opinion and suggestions. I do believe that it's Marcik's right to make money on his work, and I do also believe that about $2000 is little money compared to the time spent on the project, however he knew all this before he took upon the bounty, changing his mind now means upsetting lots of people who had trusted him and given him money for the purposes stated in the bounty.

As probably everyone knows, AROS has bounties too, and it has happened in the past that people have resigned from bounties they had taken upon, but when this happens either the bounty becomes open again for anyone else to pick up, or the money gets transferred to some other bounties. So, any of these two options might be a viable choice. Of course, if any of the donors wants his money back, someone's gotta give it to him and pay the paypal fee.
  • »28.07.06 - 06:59
    Profile Visit Website