• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Hello all!
    Thanks veru much to MorphBounties team who allowed me to take a partial donation. As my answer, following the rules, i provide the fill source code in its current state in the CVS at http://sourceforge.net/projects/unmorphos.
    Module name is "ezTCP", the same as before.
    It is not v0.14 but v0.15 snapshot which is currently under development. So miami.library won't compile (though it's extremely easy to fix), sorry.
    I continue my work on bounty task (finishind DNS configuration support for DHCP anf proceeding to main GUI). However, if someone wishes, he could take another task which is out of this scope and join the development. Possible tasks are:
    1. Creating and maintaining native builds for other Amiga-derived OSes (AmigaOS 3, AmigaOS4, AROS).
    2. Integration of other networking protocols (IPv6, PPP, PPPoE, AppleTalk(?), IPX(?), etc)
    3. Adding more SANA-II device drivers.
    4. (?) Adding more socket-based subsystems not directly related to internetworking (IRdA, BlueTooth, IEEE1394).
    5. (?) Implementing UNIX domain sockets for easy local IPC superseding ixemul.library.
    6. Building missing server-oriented components (inetd, etc).
    7. Your suggestions - ?

About the name: well, if we develop this way we go beyond the concept of "just a TCP stack" and become an ultimate communication solution. So probably new name could sound like "OpenNet"?
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »07.12.05 - 11:22
    Profile Visit Website