analogkid
    SSL doesn't work for me, too. I use IBrowse 2.3 and AmiSSL 2
  • »21.10.05 - 07:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

analogkid wrote:
    SSL doesn't work for me, too. I use IBrowse 2.3 and AmiSSL 2

Again question: what exactly happens? On what web site?

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/10/21 18:06 ]
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »21.10.05 - 08:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Thanks to Andrija, the problem is located and being researched. The source of this problem is known as "IP fragmentation bug". There is ready-made patch for AmiTCP v4, i already requested the source code from its author, and also i found some patch in BSD archives. I'll try all things. I hope on monday you'll see next test version.
  • »21.10.05 - 13:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    DJBase
    I have no problem with SSL here.
    But can I already use httpd with ezTCP (inetd mode)?
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »21.10.05 - 20:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Motosampy
    @Sonic

When trying to access secure website nothing happens, IBrowse has a blank window with white dot at activity leads (netstat managet shows: sending request)

E.g. https://webmail.inet.fi
    also www.veikkaus.fi when trying to log in...

Wget -d .... nothing happens... wget seems just to freeze...
  • »21.10.05 - 21:17
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    antibike
    i tried "https://webmail.inet.fi/" with ezTCP 0.11
    ibrowse 2.3 and amissl 2 ... and i have no problem
    loading this site. i can't try to login, because i
    don't have a account :)
  • »21.10.05 - 22:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Sorry, it delays a bit due to several (good) reasons:
    1. IP fragmentation problem. The patch i found is too old, i'll try anoter approach (taking the ip_output.c from recent BSD code and reintegrating it).
    2. miami.library. It is built, not tested yet. Also requires a little fix of the syslog() function, currently it doesn't work due to PPC vararhs isssue.
    3. DHCP will be included, now it's 50-70% compiled. Some code uses UNIX things like popen(), randon(), etc, i'll integrate this into netlib since the port of course won't require ixemul. I'll also send the patch to ISC and probably next versions of DHCP suite will support MorphOS out of the box.
    So get ready, in a week you'll have a major update, probably even with graphical syslogger.

2 Leo: i still didn't get anything from you so DNS client code is untouched.
  • »24.10.05 - 06:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    1. I reintegrated ip_output.c from BSD4.4, we'll need to test it. It was not really hard, this means upgrading the whole IP stack will not be really hard. Currently several #ifdef's were required in order to temporarily disable multicast processing code (i'll re-enable it again one day).
    2. Building DHCP continued, random() is added to netlib, now fcntl() is required. netlib can become a real monster, but it's probably not bad since you'll be able to compile many UNIX apps without ixemul then. It will require time but will become a very high-quality product (i hope).
    So probably next release will be still without DHCP but with miami.library and probably with graphical syslogger. I'll produce it because new ip_output() needs to be tested. New code is dated 1994 (original one is from 1990), i hope 4 years was enough to remove the bug. If not, i'll retry with code from FreeBSD5.3, it's also possible.
  • »25.10.05 - 06:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    1. Fixed some of new netlib parts. Only fcntl() is left.
    2. Rebuilt kernel with new syslog support
    3. Installed Debian Linux on my Pentium-90, providing better testbase.
  • »27.10.05 - 08:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Sorry, i didn't finish v0.12 yesterday. All components except DHCP (0.12 kernel, miami.library, ezSysLog, netlib) are built. There are currently two bugs: miami.library does not recognize bsdsocket.library and syslog gets trashed. I will squash them on weekend.
    Also, some code for configuration editor is written. But it's far from complete state of course.

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/10/28 9:31 ]
  • »28.10.05 - 06:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Sonic: I'm afraid I won't be able to help you because my Pegasos seems to be broken. It won't boot anymore (even serial port is mute)...

Leo.
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »28.10.05 - 22:42
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi all,

Donated $250 today, 29 october for ezTCP ! I don't tried ezTCP, because i need DHCP for my internet account.

Grts, Amigaharry alias Tom Duin

Visit my homepage for classic Amiga and MOS proggies at:
    http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/ex
    Note: not all programs runs on MorphOS properly.
  • »28.10.05 - 23:33
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    > Donated $250 today, 29 october for ezTCP ! I don't tried ezTCP, because i need DHCP for my internet account.

How nice of you!

BTW, next month my car has to go to TüV and I'm not sure it will go through and I notoriously lack money for needed repairs. So, could pass some $250 into my general direction too please? Not that I have done anything useful or ported some 20 year old cra^H^H^H stuff or so.

Thanks in advance.
  • »29.10.05 - 00:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    @Gelb

I miss your ann.lu search engine. It was fun!
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »31.10.05 - 02:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Sorry for the delay, major update requires major debugging...
    Fixed one of 2 bugs in the syslogger. Now it just prints crap instead of process tag. Will research it today and i hope will fix it. Also miami.library refuses to work since it doesn't recognize bsdsocket.library version (there is intermal match check), it's easy, need to fix syslogger first.
    GUI syslog viewer is ready, will work as soon as miami.library works. DHCP build progressed, i just had to interrupt it yesterday because it was already 01:00 AM and i went to bed.
    In fact only 2 bugs are remaining until the release. And i am also coding a configuration editor. MiamiPanels support is not started yet since it requires adding another portion of code to the kernel itself but i need to estabilish current one first.
    My test x86 machine is upgraded, i at last have Debian Sarge running on it and this means that now i have more testing possibilities.
    In addition, ezTCP SDK is now also being prepared. It contains MorphOS-ready includes for both bsdsocket.library and miami.library, some other system includes (which are updated) and MorphOS-native netlib link library (not 100% but ~70% complete). Netlib also contains 3 additional callable functions: srandom(), random() and fcntl() (knows only F_SETFL and operates only on sockets) and miami.library autoinit. If someone expresses interest i can release it too.

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/10/31 8:29 ]

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/10/31 8:40 ]
  • »31.10.05 - 06:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    It's moving.
    Squashed syslog trashing bug yesterday. Only one bug is still there: miami.library doesn't recognize bsdsocket.library.
    DHCP now stopped at getppid() function. I already found a workaround. Nothing serious since it is required only for building some semi-random data - #define'd to random().

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/11/1 9:06 ]
  • »01.11.05 - 06:28
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    @Darth_X

"I miss your ann.lu search engine. It was fun!"

It's still at the old URL.
  • »01.11.05 - 10:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

Only one bug is still there: miami.library doesn't recognize bsdsocket.library.

You probably should write your own miami.library replacement. The original had many internal dependencies...
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »01.11.05 - 11:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

itix wrote:

You probably should write your own miami.library replacement. The original had many internal dependencies...

This is what i do. :) There was just a little bug in my bsdsocket.library which returned a bit improper thing in response to SBTC_RELEASESTRPTR.

Well, my next status:
    1. bsdsocket.library fixed, works.
    2. miami.library fixed, works.
    3. Syslog viewer: works, minor bug with colors.
    4. oops: IBrowse doesn't work when miami.library present. :-P Says "Network error: invalid argument". The problem is under tracing now.
  • »02.11.05 - 06:11
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    Quote:

Sonic wrote:
    Quote:

itix wrote:

This is what i do. :) There was just a little bug in my bsdsocket.library which returned a bit improper thing in response to SBTC_RELEASESTRPTR.

Well, my next status:
    1. bsdsocket.library fixed, works.
    2. miami.library fixed, works.
    3. Syslog viewer: works, minor bug with colors.
    4. oops: IBrowse doesn't work when miami.library present. :-P Says "Network error: invalid argument". The problem is under tracing now.

Maybe, when you have some time left you could also consider adding support for miami panel API?
  • »02.11.05 - 07:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

Gelb wrote:

Maybe, when you have some time left you could also consider adding support for miami panel API?

This is what will be started after v0.12 release.
  • »02.11.05 - 12:36
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    Good idea! ;-)

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »02.11.05 - 23:28
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    Quote:

Sonic wrote:
    Quote:

Gelb wrote:

This is what will be started after v0.12 release.

Ok, if you'd already planned to add this feature this is now a good opportunity to make a small suggestion. The problem with current miami panel API is, that it's not really possible to distinguish between incomming and outgoing traffic (it is possible to a certain extent using a packet hook, but it is more or less a hack that depends on "random" data outside the packet struct where often incoming and outgoing are swapped).

Extending the specific function of the panel that gets called by miami (or rather ezTCP) is not really possible I suppose, so this would require extending the functions of the panel API by one function that could incooperate an additional value/flag/bit telling the function if the data passed to that function is either comming in or going out. Obviously this also would require to bump the version of required panels by 1 to keep the API backwards compatible.

[ Edited by Gelb on 2005/11/3 10:12 ]
  • »03.11.05 - 07:10
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi Targhan,

29 October i donated $250 ! Altough, it is not updated in the ezTCP
    bounties page ! I like to see this happen, tough.

Visit my Amiga/MorphOS page at:
    http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/ex
  • »03.11.05 - 18:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Uploaded to MorphZone. Forgot to mention in the release notes about usergroup.library fix - previously it crashed upon close.
    Also, thanks go to:
    1. Vladimir Javorski - for ezSysLog icon.
    2. Antibike - for improved "startnet" script.
    3. Andrija Antonievich - for consutling and support.
  • »07.11.05 - 06:39
    Profile Visit Website