• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

analogkid wrote:
    If MOSNet is (or becomes) Miami-compatible, could the original PPPoE-Device be used? That would be an acceptable workaround, and you could focus on (in my eyes) more important issues.

AFAIK (but may be i'm wrong, Miami users, clarify plz) Miami's pppoe.device is a physical-level device, not SANA-II one. It emulates serial.device and to use it you need to start regular PPP over this device.
    AFAIK in *BSD is is done in the same way (it is regular PPP over TAP or TUN - again, *BSD wizards, correct me if i'm wrong). This means we need to get net/if_ppp.c and net/if_tun.c (or net/if_tap.c) and linked stuff from *BSD repository and fit this to MOSNet. This is not impossible task since MOSNet kernel is in fact BSD kernel. This just requires time.
    Well, and again, i don't resist. If you want this feature there are several ways to go:
    1. Just take this task to code yourself. I'll give you an access to the CVS, it's not forbidden.
    2. Encourage some developers, probably by creating a bounty (or by other means, if you find ones).
    3. Make an agreement with MorphBounties team (and other donors) about changing project's roadmap. Unfortunately i'm unable to clone myself to be able to work at PPP and GUI at the same time. Now i'm already working at graphical configuration editor, soon i'll produce experimental rebuld of the kernel (speedup attempt) and move to MiamiPanel support. I'll be unavailible from 29th December till 10th January because i won't be at work and won't have Internet access. Additionally, i change my job. This means i'll probably be unable to hang on IRC for the whole day. Anyway there's MorphOS mailing list, there's email, also MOSNet mailing list can be created in case of interest, there's this forum... I'll stay on line.

P. S. I'm glad that DHCP works flawlessly at last. 2 of 3 targets are complete now. Let's go for MiamiPanels!

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/12/27 0:34 ]
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »26.12.05 - 14:33
    Profile Visit Website