• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Well, well...
    Yesterday i compiled the working version. It started ans succesfully pinged itself (127.0.0.1)
    The roadmap for a project was:
    1. Build a working kernel.
    2. Create a modularized GUI consisting at least of 3 components:
    a) small control panel (capable of controlling every interface, putting it online and offline.
    b) syslog viewer (this is already taken from Krashan's work, needs only to be integrated).
    c) configuration editor, very much like one from Genesis.
    The whole system could be linked together with events notification system. AROSTCP code is very well written, it can be easily extended and adding events is not an impossible task, current code allows it, it is just not done.
    3. Check DHCP, fix (implement) it.
    4. At this point the bounty is complete, project goes opensource. Further suggested tasks are (not in order of priority):
    1. Rewrite PPP device from scratch. Add a good dialer (like in Miami, not like in Genesis).
    2. Write PPPoE device from scratch.
    3. Re-add inetd dropped in AROS distribution.
    4. Fixes and improvements, your suggestions, etc.
    Well, well... I see you wish to pay Krashan but don't wish to pay me just because it's me. Ok, you'll get what you want. I HALT THE PROJECT!!! I wouldn't like to waste 2 months and when everything is done hear something like "code is bad" (but the actual work is done, it's usable, clever, right?). Or get $50 from some new bounty. Well, pay to someone you WISH to pay to...
    At least thanks for that you told it NOW and i didn't lose my time. I'll better use my evenings for php coding and industrial Pentium motherboards repair because someone pays me for this. Not so much, but they DO unlike you.
    I didn't force anyone, YOU suggested the bounty. And usually it's suggested to answer for your words... Don't promise anything if you don't want to keep your promise...
    Of course i don't erase my code, i can continue at any time. But i will do it only when you accept me as a project coder and it the amount will be reasonable (in case if you remove all the money and start new bounty).
    Krashan's work is not dead, i use parts of it.

[ Edited by Sonic on 2005/9/12 9:42 ]
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »12.09.05 - 06:26
    Profile Visit Website