• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    I have donated $200 for the ezTCP bounty (and I planned to donate a lot more as things shaped up and started to materialize). I did it because of two reasons (in order):

1) I feel a desperate need for a PPC native TCP/IP stack with working DHCP

2) Krashan really sold his project to me, I liked his ideas and his approach.

I don't know the reasons to Krashans sudden stop, but I think it was very sad. But where to go from here?

Well, I don't know the chances of Krashan (or anyone else capable of understand Krashans ideas and approach good enough to make something *very similar*) will pick up the "original" ezTCP project. If chances are small (which I think they are), then what's the point in keeping a bounty alive for it anyway? Wouldn't the money make more use elsewhere, like in a bounty for a TCP/IP stack that actually has a chance of materializing and be released? Because even if I think it was a shame that Krashan stopped his work, the first reason to why I donated to the bounty still apply: I feel a desperate need for a PPC native TCP/IP stack!

But I see the points raised by people in this thread. Hmm, maybe the ones still having hopes of someone actually picking up Krashans sources to make a stack very similar to what was *originally* "announced" could keep their money in that bounty, everyone else can withdraw theirs, and then a *new* bounty (for *another* stack) could start? Would that be a good compromise?

I mean, if you clever people here in this thread can come to a an agreement that the AROS TCP/IP stack is *not* totally ancient, and that a PPC native version of it would be at least *better* than the 68k Amiga stacks we currently use, then feel free to use my money to kickstart a new bounty to simply port the AROS stack! In the current TCP/IP situation for MorphOS I see no place for asking for absolute perfection; just give me a goddamn PPC TCP/IP stack! Now! Basta! :-)

[ Edited by takemehomegrandma on 2005/9/10 14:01 ]
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »10.09.05 - 12:54