• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    MinisterQ:
    Hey I was hoping since a while that AmiGG will have support for more protocols :) Would be cool seeing this happen.

Thread:
    Well I was thinking about a Bounty Setup (unfortunatelly I am currently not able to start it, but perhaps someone else might pick up the Idea?) for a VCD mastering tool Effort. I have done this allready with existing ports, but it was not very comfortable and didn`t work allways as expected. What I thought about is a "three stage Bounty":
    First Step:
    port VCDImager to MorphOS (with xml Support) and add a simple gui. It must be possible to add several mpeg streams to it to make a simple vcd as well as doing a more complex VCD by loading a xml definition file.

Second Step:
    The VCD Gui should be improved, it should be able to generate the neccesary xml file, all options must be available by the gui, files are added by drag and drop, so one has a overview how the final vcd is arranged.
    stillmpeg support should be available as well as a multiplexer, which can join mpeg audio and video streams
    together (neccesary for building funky videoCD Menus)
    Note: The Multiplexer must be able to generate 100% valid mpeg streams, meaning that vcdimager won`t pad the resulting stream. The problem with such padded streams is, that at least im my case, they won`t work as VCD Menus on my standalone DVD Player. And it should process Streams done for example with wildfire without giving up. (Wildfire produces valid mpeg streams with mpeg2enc, but so far I found not a single multiplexer which worked as expected, most of them gave up during multiplexing, or produced a non valid mpeg stream, but it also happend with streams generated with tmpegenc btw)

Final Step:
    Well I guess this might be the hardest Task, With this step it should be able to generate a VCD with one single application: It should be able to generate a full working vcd or svcd, including to burn the final cd. Therefore it is neccesarry to port an encoder (ffmpeg I guess, as mencoder until now still isn`t able to produce VCD compliant streams, at least vcds need a constand bitrate, while mencoder provides allways variable bitrates) which is accepts various inputs, for example single images as well as divx or such. Also a port of cdrtools is required, so the generated VCD Image can be burned directly. I know there are allready various burning tools, but I think it would be really cool to do everything with a single app.
    Ok, thats my input so far, not everything is worked out into detail, for example I have no Idea currently whether such an effort can be expanded easily for a DVD Mastering tool ( I don`t have a DVD burner and therefore no Idea what tools are needed) The last task could be splitted perhaps to have a four stage effort.
    Also if one thinks he can do all the tools from scratch, feel free to do so (Anyway I think it might be a better Idea just to do the ports and glue everything together, because those tools are allready supported since a while)
    The ports itself shouldn`t be a hard task to do, because most if not all of them existing allready as 68k ports/simple recompiles

What do you think?
  • »03.08.05 - 10:16