• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    posure
    woulda responded earlier but i check this forum every couple days..i already talked to you on aim but i figured i'd reply just in case anyone else is interested on the status..

i've been working hard the past week and basically all thats left is building in the actual pages for the website (which is the easy part)..the entire backend is all done and such (unit tested too, so i don't forsee any bugs, but hey, i'm human)..i dont want to make any promises but assuming i dont have to work a ton in the next week the site should be done within a week.

and just fyi, no one has to reregister, you can use your morphzone logins on the morphbounties site as well..

the site is currently disabled for anyone other than myself and will be until i'm finished..

and to anyone wondering why it has taken so long to develop the site

#1: i dont actually have a morphos system (yet, atleast), therefore the main thing that interests me in developing the site is making new things - the 100% user customizable color themes (main reason i actually did this is due to wanting it to look the same in all browsers, including non-css ones - theres no css) for the website is the main thing..but i wrote a new session/authentication management system as well as a system that manages graphic generation/caching as well..which were all very time consuming

#2: lack of posts on this forum doesnt exactly get me to hurry up :-) so liven it up guys..the site will be here soon and we need some bounties to put up

SOME NOTES ABOUT WEBSITE MANAGEMENT
    i'm not entirely sure how it will be managed (i will be the site admin only at this point in time, i will not be handling any bounty or money related issues)..i dont know how we're going to handle taking donations, we need someone (maybe a couple people) who wants to be treasurer that will be in charge of taking donations, managing payouts and such..this would include both online payments and likely physical payments as well (namely checks/cashiers checks)..i dont know how thats going to be handle since its such an international community..might need a person per continent..that job would take a little personal time but i wouldnt expect it to take too much..there will also need to be some people to oversee the creation of and management of bounties..bounties will have rules set on a bounty by bounty basis, based on the needs of the bounty itself (see some of the other discussion threads for info)..other than the treasure position(s) and the moderation positions..i dont know what else..if anyone thinks of any other positions we need or is interested in one of those positions..feel free to post..treasurer position(s) will be more strict as to who can be one, basically it has to be people the community trusts

[ Edited by posure on 2004/8/21 3:20 ]
    psr.
    alkjfdjkahsSTRESSED OUTasjhfakdfa
  • »21.08.04 - 09:16
    Profile Visit Website