• ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I am not using 'Private Browsing' - though I see it is set - by default - when v3.12 and OWB v1.26 is installed - which seems a bit of an oversight if it's not intended to be used with most websites.

Unless I was more or less looking for it, I do not recall ever seeing a recaptcha page when browsing on MorphOS.

Quote:

Why has the URL field been moved?

This and many other changes are explained in the Odyssey section of the MorphOS 3.12 release notes.

Quote:

I've gone back to using OWB v1.25 for the time being - each version in a separate folder - as I always do, and in any case I'm unimpressed with v1.26, seems like MOS v3.10 déja vu!

Once again, please consider reading the releases notes.

Quote:

What benefits have been added to OWB v1.26 that I could say is a plus/improvement over v1.25? As I can't see any.

What benefits are there to belittling the work that went into Odyssey v1.26?

Quote:

it's a big disappointment for me as I'll have to use my Windows system for almost everything until this issue is fixed - and how long is that going to take?

A long time.

Jacek has most recently talked about his plans to write a new browser on MorphZone in July. He made it clear that this would be a long process involving the release of public beta versions just as he has done with Iris. Based on his remarks, nobody should expect a completely new browser to just suddenly appear as part of an OS update.

Quote:

this issue with reCAPTCHA is ridiculous and should have been addressed, if possible or realised by the Dev Team, and users notified of its subsequent limitations on being able to use OWB in a realistic everyday sense.

Well, there is not a single ticket about reCAPTCHA in the MorphOS bugtracker system.

Go figure.
  • »12.11.19 - 07:52