Order of the Butterfly
Posts: 441 from 2003/11/24
For a long time Scout has been a tool that most amigans have used, but it's grown old and is mostly AOS3.1 centric. It also requires one to install a handful of external MUI classes. And finally, it doesn't display infos about MorphOS' internals.
Here is what I'm proposing:
- A totally new application with a UI similar to Scout
- Runs with a standard MorphOS installation
- A peek into kernel internals of exec, intuition, dos
- An ability to show certain system lists in context (processes/tasks/windows as a tree)
Target: 200 euro.
Let me know what you think and what features you'd like to see so that I could come up with a more detailed list before officially launching the bounty.
- Killing a non working or unecessary task
- Ability not only to show missing components, but to hunt them on Aminet,MorphOS depots etc.
I am all in for helping bounty with 10-20 euros. I would give more if goal can be extended to portable AROS/OS 3.x+Vamp functions/OS4 ports so we have a bit standardizet "scout" for all, until system will be able to display better error messages about missing components.
Edit: I see it done. Are extended feats and cross Amiga systems a viable goal?[ Edited by vox 23.08.2018 - 12:59 ]
x1000 user, ASAP Vampire Standalone user, future MOS user