• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    I have been thinking of a bounty, myself.
    But I won't post it unless I can start with about !0% of the $5000 I think it would be worth.
    I'd like to see the TinyGL library upgraded to OpenGL ES capability..........
    But I do understand the idea of having a forum or mechanism that allows us to make, promote, or support such proposals, and I don't think the discussion is wasted time.

Is this proposal of yours mean that YOU would be working on coding this upgrade of the TinyGL library?

I think it would be a great idea, but others more knowledgeable than myself will know if upgrading the TinyGL library to OpenGL ES capability is feasible, and if it is desirable for porting more software to MorphOS. I seem to remember some earlier discussion of this topic, or similar topics, where I was confused regarding just how the TinyGL library works, and what is practically possible as an upgrade path for MorphOS (not surprising, as I am easily confused these days).

If you are thinking of working on this yourself, I would be interested in helping out in any way that I can. I have purchased a couple of books within the last 18 months or so, specifically for OpenGL programming, and have thought several times in the past, that working with someone else, or with a group of others, would be a good way to motivate myself to improve my programming skills. I would not be of much help, but I imagine that there are some tasks in any programming project that are simple, tedious, and time consuming, that almost anyone can do, given a small amount of direction and supervision, so I might be able to help with such tasks in some small way. I would not want any part of any bounty money raised for such project. Just the learning experience would be enough compensation for me.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.01.17 - 05:25