• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

deka wrote:
    Agree... And new programmers won't join, until no memory protection, no comparable supported HW, no IDE, no debbugger, ...
    I hope, the dev. guys are (or will in the next year) busy working on the architecture change!

You might be right, but I don't like statements that express absolutes, when the future remains unknown and anything is possible. Memory protection, support for more modern hardware, a better IDE, and a debugger are all things that will help us recruit new programmers, but it does not mean that there is nothing we can do toward recruiting new users, programmers, and potential new MorphOS Dev. Team members, while those things you mention are being created, or worked on. We do have a few users (and possibly 1 or 2 programmers) who have joined the MorphOS community within the last 10 or so years, who did not have any previous Amiga, or MorphOS experience, so the concept is possible, though it is unlikely, and rare, to have such people join us.

I have confidence that our MorphOS Dev. Team members are working on the future of MorphOS, as much as their busy lives will allow.

I would like to suggest that if there are any MorphOS Dev. Team members, who are currently unemployed, or any who become unemployed in 2017, to let the community know of their situation, because I believe that we could find enough MorphOS users who would be willing to donate a monthly amount toward paying a full time salary to such unemployed MorphOS Dev. Team member, in exchange for them working full time on MorphOS3.10, until they are able to find new employment. I would be willing to donate $40 to $50 per month to such a MorphOS Dev. Team member, and I think that 50 to 100 other MorphOS users might also be willing to donate a similar amount, if it meant we would have a full time programmer working on MorphOS3.10.

I am not suggesting that any of the MorphOS Dev. Team members quit their jobs and ask the community to provide them with a monthly salary, instead of them working a regular job, just suggesting that if any team members would lose their jobs be given some funds to support work on MorphOS3.10 full time, until a new job could be found.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.01.17 - 07:14