• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I like the idea, and your enthusiasm in trying to spur more development for MorphOS, but I don't think that bounty money is what is holding back development. Instead, I believe that a lack of free time and of qualified MorphOS developers, is what is holding back the development of the OS, and third party software.

Finding new programmers who are willing to learn the MorphOS system and wanting to contribute by coding new software, or porting existing software to MorphOS, is one of our biggest challenges. If you can come up with new ways to find and recruit some programmers, to join our community, that would be more useful than setting up bounties, which our existing developers do not have time or energy to fulfill.

If finding and recruiting new programmers was easy, we would have done so already, so I do not make this suggestion lightly. I know how hard it can be to find new programmers, or even new users, who would want to join our community, but I suggest that the Warmup group discuss my suggestion, and try to come up with ideas to find new programmers and users, then take actions to actually recruit new programmers and users into the MorphOS community. Please discuss this with the other Warmup members.

Agree... And new programmers won't join, until no memory protection, no comparable supported HW, no IDE, no debbugger, ...
    I hope, the dev. guys are (or will in the next year) busy working on the architecture change!
  • »31.12.16 - 09:28